LIANZA Secretary, Alli Smith, is calling for nominations for the LIANZA Council for the 2010/11 year.
Nominations are being sought for the following roles:
- President Elect
- Ikaroa Councillor
- Otago/Southland Councillor
- Waikato/Bay of Plenty Councillor
All nominations for the 2010/11 Council elections will close at 5pm on Thursday 20th May 2010
Who can Nominate and Stand?
- Any Personal Member of the Association or the Authorised representative of an Institutional Member may nominate any other Personal Member for election to a position as Officer on the National Council.
- Any Personal Member of the Association or the Authorised representative of an Institutional Member in a particular Region may nominate any other Personal Member in that Region as Councillor for that Region on the National Council.
Who can vote?
The Officers of the LIANZA National Council are elected by Personal and Institutional Members of the Association.
Regional Councillors of the LIANZA National Council are elected by LIANZA Personal and Institutional Members within that Region.
If an election for any position is held, voting papers will be sent to members for a poll.
For more information about the process and the rules for nominations go to the Code of Practice or the following sections of the Rules on the LIANZA website:
- Officers of the Association
- National Council of the Association
- Powers of the National Council
Please visit the LIANZA website for details on who is eligible to stand, nominate and vote.
For further information about Council elections please contact:
Alli Smith, Secretary, LIANZA (Ph: 04 473 -5834) email@example.com